Dairy Trivia & Milk Facts
* It takes 21.2 pounds of whole milk to make one pound of butter!
* It takes 10 pounds of milk to make one pound of cheese.
Americans eat an average of 29 pounds of cheese every year
Greeks eat the most cheese – an average of 54 pounds per
Cows have an acute sense of smell - they can smell something
The natural yellow color of butter comes mainly from beta-carotene
* An average dairy cow weighs about 1,400 pounds.
Milk is better for cooling your mouth after eating spicy food.
* Most cows chew at least 50 times per minute.
* There are approximately 340-350 squirts in a gallon of milk.
* Cows drink 35 gallons of water a day -- the equivalent of a bathtub full of water!
According to legend, cheese was discovered accidentally, when
The milk bottle was invented in 1884.
* Average U.S. cow produces 53 lb of milk per day, or 6.2 gallons
* Average cow eats . . . 20 lb hay, 20 lb corn silage, 10-20 lb corn, 6-12 lb supplement (fortified with protein, energy, vitamins & minerals)
* In a food survey, respondents voted milk to be safer than water.
1000 new products are introduced every year
Want to learn more about the Dairy Business?
Grab a copy of ....
book written by Danilo V. Fausto,